Please complete only one electricity application for your primary residence (where you reside for more than 6 months of the year). You cannot receive COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) funding for multiple residences, and you can only receive CEAP funding from your electricity provider once. If you have natural gas service, you may apply separately for natural gas CEAP support through your natural gas utility.
After you have provided your information, please sign this form and provide your consent by: (a) if submitting electronically, typing your name(s) in Section 4; or (b) if submitting by mail, you may print the completed form and sign Section 4 by hand. Please ensure that the information provided is accurate and up-to-date.
This form can be completed and submitted online. If you prefer to complete a printed form, download PDF application form.. The completed form can be e-mailed to CEAP@haltonhillshydro.com or mailed to: Halton Hills Hydro, 43 Alice St. Acton, ON L7J 2A9.
CEAP funding is limited and applying does not guarantee that CEAP funds are remaining. Applications will be processed in the order they are received. For information on lower-income energy support programs available, please visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website: www.oeb.ca.
You are eligible for this program if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You did not have any overdue amounts on your electricity bill on March 17, 2020, the date of the Provincial Declaration of Emergency.
- As of the date you are applying, you have any overdue amounts owing from at least two electricity bills since March 17, 2020.
- The account holder (the person whose name is on the bill) or the account holder’s spouse or common-law partner (who must share the same address with the account holder):
- Is unemployed on the date the CEAP application is submitted; and
- Qualified for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) or received Employment Insurance (EI) after March 17, 2020.
- The account holder has not received Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP) or Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) grants in 2020.
You may be eligible for an enhanced credit if:
- Your household’s main heating source is electricity, or
- You use one of the following at-home energy-intensive medical devices: Kidney Dialysis Machine, Mechanical Ventilators, Oxygen Concentrator.
If you are not eligible for CEAP, you may still be eligible for lower-income energy support programs. Please visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website for more information. You may also contact our customer care department at 519-853-3701 for information on entering into an Arrears Payment Agreement.
When you submit this completed form to Halton Hills Hydro, Halton Hills Hydro is collecting your personal information in accordance with applicable privacy legislation such as the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the licence granted to it by the Ontario Energy Board under the Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998.
Your personal information is being collected for the purpose of administering CEAP, including but not limited to, determining your eligibility for CEAP.
In addition, Halton Hills Hydro may use personal information already collected from you for the purposes of administering Halton Hills Hydro account (e.g., any data respecting billing, bill payments, and previous participation in energy support programs), for the purposes of evaluating your eligibility for CEAP and administering CEAP.
The funding for CEAP is provided by the Government of Ontario. Given that, in order to verify and determine whether you were eligible for CEAP and/or to otherwise administer CEAP, it may be necessary for Halton Hills Hydro to share your information with the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines. If the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines requests any of the personal information contained in this form in order to verify your eligibility for CEAP or for audit purposes related to the administration of CEAP, Halton Hills Hydro will supply it to them. The Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines may contact you for further information as part of their audit. You are encouraged to retain any documentation that demonstrates you meet the eligibility for CEAP.
By completing and submitting this application form, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described above.
If you have questions about this form or the information being collected, please call our office at 519-853-3701 or email CEAP@haltonhillshydro.com