The following Connecting Distributed Energy Resources guide will provide those interested in connecting distributed generation with a detailed process and the requirements and specifications for connection. Please review these guidelines and the associated applications forms in full.
- Connecting Distributed Energy Resources
- Connection Review Application Form (Appendix 2)
- Generator Connection Assessment Review Form, 10kW or less (Appendix 3)
- Connection Impact Assessment Application, Greater than 10kW (Appendix 4)
- Instructions for Completing Connection Impact Assessment Application
Residential micro-generation Installation Standards
The following two standards have been produced by Halton Hills Hydro to assist those installing metering and utility disconnect switches for micro-generation at residential locations. These standards shall be followed by those installing metering and utility disconnect switches.
- Residential Overhead Installation micro-generation (parallel connection), 25-101
- Residential Underground Installation micro-generation (parallel connection), 25U-221r2
If you are interested in connecting a distributed energy resource project to Halton Hills Hydro’s distribution system please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .