October 11, 2022
There will be a planned power outage on Saturday October 22nd from 5am – 10am affecting approximately 13,000 customers.
Halton Hills Hydro receives electricity supply from Hydro One and much of our territory is supplied from their Pleasant Transformer Station. Hydro One is undertaking major repairs to this station that require a complete power outage.
This outage is due to work being undertaken by Hydro One. While Halton Hills Hydro will have crews available should they be required, this power outage is due to equipment maintenance outside of our service territory. Timing and duration is outside of our control. Further information can be found on the Hydro One website at HydroOne.com.
Below are some tips to help you and your family during an outage:
- Make sure your appliances, such as the stove, are in the off position.
- Make sure your cellphone and devices are fully charged.
- Use a battery-powered alarm clock or cellphone to ensure you do not miss any morning alarms due to clocks resetting.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer doors closed as much as possible.
- When driving, treat intersections as all way stops
- If you are on a well, fill some containers with water in advance of the outage for drinking, flushing, etc.
We understand that being without power is difficult and apologize for the inconvenience to our customers. Halton Hills Hydro is continuing to work with Hydro One to reduce the impact and duration of this outage. We have been assured that this is the only outage required to complete this work.
President & CEO
Halton Hills Hydro